Monday, January 28, 2013

First Impressions


When I arrived in Nagoya fresh from the MTC and first walked through the gate at the airport, I saw President and Sister Baird and the mission staff all there waiting for us.  Everyone was smiling, and I felt like I was meeting a part of my family for the first time.  Everyone was extremely friendly, loving and excited to meet us.  

After we got our luggage situated and President and Sister Baird had met everyone, President Baird talked with us about what would happen next.  We were going to go to the mission home on the train, and we were going to proselyte while on the train!  I was going to be talking to people for real!!  I was excited and nervous for the same reason.  I knew that the Lord would help me, so I felt more reassured that things would go well.

Once we got on the train, I was able to work with Whitney Baird, the Baird’s daughter who recently returned from a mission in Kobe, Japan.  It was fun to proselytize with her.  She knew exactly what to say and was easy to follow along with.  I loved getting to talk to the people for the first time, even though it was scary at first. 

I really enjoyed being able to share the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the people of Japan.  Though many times I didn’t understand what Whitney or the other people said, I was happy to bear testimony of God and Jesus Christ.  It was a great experience, and I am so glad I got to do it that way. 

Sister Tianna Breck

No comments:

Post a Comment