Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Heavenly Father Never Forgets


Story by Elder Carson Jessop

Soon after I arrived in Matsumoto, we received a phone call at the church.  A lady called asking about eikaiwa and said she had interest in coming.  We told her the information and hoped she would come.  She did.  She came with her daughter.  Her name is Miyuki.  Her daughter is Mio.  From that time, they came each week to eikaiwa.  They are two of the nicest people I have ever met. 

My companion and I always talked about how great they are.  One day, we were having nightly planning and were trying to figure out what to do the next day.  We both felt strongly to go to Shiojin.  We usually never go there because it is so far away.  But, we decided to go there and looked at the list of people who live there to visit.  On the list, we found a name…Miyuki.  We were shocked.   We went to Shiojin that day, but no one was home at all. 

We didn’t have time to go all the way out to their house, but we talked to them later at eikaiwa.  I asked a couple of questions to figure out where they live.  It turned out that it matched!  We did an interview with her after that and when we asked her how she heard about eikaiwa, she said there was something we should know.  She pulled out a notebook with a story written…her conversion story.  It was a miracle.  She had been away for 40 years! 

We also interview Mio.  They both agreed to lessons.  They wanted to learn.  They are now coming to church regularly.  They even sang with us in Sacrament Meeting.  Mio is the accompanist for eikaiwa.   
I will always remember the first time Miyuki came back to church.  We walked into the chapel for Sacrament Meeting and some members came and greeted her.  I went ahead, and she turned to me with watery eyes and said, “The man sitting behind us baptized me 40 years ago.”  I think about this miracle and the things still occurring and I feel so strongly that God never forgets us, especially those who have entered into covenants with Him.  I think about the timing and everything that happened with us and her, and I know for sure it was all God’s will and timing.  She has been away for a long time, but God prepared a way and a time for her. 
Elder Jessop, Elder Rust, Elder Soliai
I know that he will do so for everyone!  I know God lives and loves us all.  We are never alone, for He is there.  I know this Gospel brings us lasting happiness.  I am so grateful I was able to witness this miracle.  I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment